NCACC Forty-Second Annual Meeting
Snowbird, Utah August 2-7, 2015
Mark your calendars!
Come experience the majestic beauty of Utah and enjoy the 42nd Annual Conference of the NCACC . The conference will be held from August 1st – 7th, 2015 at Snowbird, Utah, 25 miles from Salt Lake City, and 35 miles from Historic Park City.
Did you know that -
- The classic film "The Sandlot," was shot in Salt Lake City and we host the Sundance Film Festival.
- famous Utahans include, Butch Cassidy, Donnie and Marie Osmond, Ken Jennings (the most consecutive wins on Jeopardy) , David Arhuleta (American Idol runner up) and Robert Redford.
- Salt Lake City hosted the XIX Olympic Winter games in 2002 and brought 2400 athletes to compete from 80 nations.
- Salt Lake City is home to Wasatch Brewery and High West Distillery
- The Great Salt Lake contains 4.5 billion tons of salt. And yes, you'll float in it
- And last but not least,
- Salt Lake City was crowned the #1 least stressed-out city in the United States in 2014, by CNN, so come and relax with us !! (Obviously, they didn't include anyone that works for the court).
Utah will serve as a beautiful setting for our conference and there should be plenty of time to seek out five nearby State Parks. Alternatively, enjoy one of 43 expansive golf courses, if you feel like taking in a few rounds!
Our hotel is the fabulous Cliff Lodge, located at Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort at the top of Little Cottonwood Canyon. The room rate at the Cliff Lodge will be $116 per night (plus taxes) and room reservations must be made by June 1, 2015. You can make reservations now at 800-453-3000.
The hotel does not provide a shuttle service from the airport, but a service is available through Canyon Transportation, Inc. Their contact information is 801-255-1841 or canyontransport.com.
Conference registration is Saturday, August 1, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and again on August 2nd from 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. The program committee has put together an agenda with topics on current trends and practical applications, which will keep our members abreast of all the tools available to us in this ever-changing landscape. Many of the topics will spur intellectual debate.
As in years past, our social events will begin on Sunday evening with a reception hosted by BNA at the hotel. This event is always a great opportunity to greet, meet, and catch up with friends. The reception will be followed by the Morgan Thomas slideshow and the Education Committee’s fund raising auction. Please start thinking about your donated item for the auction!
Be sure to join us on Monday night for the catered event sponsored by West, at the Museum of Natural History. This 2014 winner of the Travelers’ Choice award will be sure to delight as the locale for an event that we all look forward to every year. Here we’ll have an opportunity to engage with Utah’s rugged history and bring her beauty a little more within reach.
Tuesday afternoon the golfers are off to the Old Mill Golf Course for the golf tournament. If you don’t golf, we have another activity for you! Here’s a chance to hike to beautiful Cecret Lake.
On Wednesday, August 5th, after the vendor showcase, we will be going to Utah Olympic Park in Park City for a catered social event hosted by Lexis. We will be entertained by the Flying Ace All Star Pool Show. Here’s your chance to experience an actual bobsled ride.